Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry ChristmasTraditions!



Hey Everyone! I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and hope you all have an awesome time with your families! Also I wanted to share my excitement with new traditions I'm starting. This is our first Christmas away from "home" (Chico) so I decided that it's time to start some new fun traditions. Normally on Christmas Eve we would be at my Grandma Atkin's house having a huge dinner and spending time with my huge family...this year I decided it would be fun to make caramel popcorn, watch a Christmas movie and then go look at Christmas lights! I also started a tradition actually a few years ago that in the kid's stockings I would put Pop rocks so that they know that I think their "pop rocks" haha get it? We are carrying on the tradition from my family of lifesaver books and Chris' family tradition of gold chocolate coins (does anyone know where to get some of these by the way? I can never find them!). Anyone who knows me knows that I am a game junkie so we decided that every year we would buy a family present of a board game of some sort. The last one isn't that original but on Christmas Eve our kids get to open the one present of Christmas PJs so they can wear them to sleep that night! (No, I don't make them...I buy them...last year at Kohl's, this year at Walmart) So those are our new/old traditions! I hope you all keep your family traditions because that's what memories are made from!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

you can get the gold coins at orientaltrading.com Merry Christmas!

Dana said...

Merry Christmas Leah!!

Lifeisapitch said...

I saw gold coins at Trader Joes. I know this is too late for this Christmas, but if you didn't find any maybe you can look there next year.

This "comment" is from Diane Guymon, by the way...I think you might remember me....from 3rd ward....a LONG time ago...when you were just a kid!