So I've kind of stopped counting in months and usually just say Ellie is a year and a half but yesterday was Ellie's "20 month birthday" and it made me realize how close she is to being a big 2 year old! I thought it would be fun to give a little update to y'all about what she's accomplished and what she's up to these days!
Ellie is so into her letters right now....she can't really sing the alphabet song unless I'm singing it and then she repeats it but if she sees a letter she knows what it is. We'll be driving in the car and she'll see an M or some other letter and then just repeat it over and over until I acknowledge her seeing it by saying it too! (she likes to be heard!) She's also coming into a word explosion!
Some Words that Ellie can say really well:
Mama and Mommy
Dada and Daddy
Papa
Cat
yea
no
Doggy
Hair
Head
book
chair
cheek
ear
eye
chin
neck
leg
arm
elbow
eyebrow
turkey
pray
brown
yellow
pink
car
(there are a lot more...)
Here are some words that Ellie tries to say (but only we as the parents can understand!)
Grammy (kinda sounds like Mammy)
pumpkin
camera
scriptures
grapes
crayons
t.v.
cereal
movie
music
eyelashes
belly button
She seriously cracks us up all the time! She's starting to get a little sense of humor and is laughing at all the crazy things we do...(remember how she used to just stare you down like you were crazy? She still does that to strangers but at least she laughs at her crazy parents now!) A funny thing she's doing right now is when it's time to pray we'll ask Ellie "Who's turn is it Ellie?" and she'll say "Ummmm....Dada" or "Ummm....Ellie" or "Ummmm....mine?" She never picks Mama for some reason..maybe she hears me pray too much! haha Also we can pretty much ask her any question even if it's something crazy that she'll never know and she'll answer it with either "I don't know" or jibberish. She's also a master at puzzles...I bought one of those little foamy ones that you have to get into the right hole and then push it in just enough so it doesn't fall out the other side and she's seriously got it down! She also has a little animal puzzle that her G.G. got her and she can finish that thing in like 1 minute. Ellie was a little late at crawling and walking and especially running (she's really cautious) but now she loves running down the hallway and especially running after birds at the park! Oh one other thing that she does that is just so precious is that ever since I got pregnant I've been telling her that there's a baby in my belly and then once we found out it was a girl we tell Ellie that Hannah is in my belly so Ellie will come up to me and touch my belly and say "baby" and I'll say "Who is the baby in there?" and she'll say "Nanna" (that's how she's saying Hannah...we'll have to work on the H sound haha) She's just so sweet too! At bedtime she'll give her Daddy and Me hugs and kisses and then I'll say "give Hannah a hug and kiss " and she'll come up and snuggle my belly and give it a kiss! She's just the sweetest little girly ever!
We love being her parents and watching her grow and learn!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
4 months ago

3 comments:
What a little dolly! I just love her! She is so fun, so cute and SOOOO smart!! Can't wait to see little Ellie Belly soon!
What a sweetheart.
Hahah! She sounds a lot like her mother! especially reading random things off of signs while in the car! We miss that little Ellie! Have her practice saying Auntie Megs for me!
Post a Comment