Thursday, June 24, 2010

Camping

A few weekends ago we went camping up at Black Butte Lake. It was our first camping trip as a family and it was so much fun. We just stayed Friday evening to Saturday afternoon but we had fun building fires, roasting hot dogs and marshmellows, walking along the lake and throwing rocks....ya know, the camping basics!

Chris and the roaring fire he built for us!




The girls were mesmerized by the fire!




Here's a close up picture of our awesome fire! Apparently I was mesmerized too!






The girlies in the morning...they woke up at 5:30! Ouch! Acutally I woke up at 4:45 because I couldn't sleep on the hard ground anymore! Next time we'll definitely bring an air mattress with an adapter that works! (ours blew a fuse!)




4 comments:

Kerri said...

I LOVE camping!! Looks like you guys had fun!

Em said...

this is why i'm so scared to camp with kiddies! sleep! for now, i think we'll just roast marshmallows out back...

Megs said...

Looks like fun!

Mason & Laura said...

Camping with kids. In theory it sounds fun, but it stresses me out. Thanks for posting this, cause it does prove to me that it actually can be fun. What a cute lil' family you have :)