Friday, February 6, 2009

Introducing....






Hannah Leigh Carlson
born: February 3rd, 2009 at 5:47 pm
Weighed: 6 lbs 12 oz
Height: 19 inches

Yay! We're home from the hospital with our new beautiful daughter Hannah! I'll give y'all the quick rundown of the labor (because I know you're all dying to hear it haha!). So I went to the doctor's office on Monday so that they could check where her head was...it was up of course! He sent me to the hospital so that he could try to turn her. All he had to do was slightly push her head down and down she went..he didn't really do the whole procedure...just kinda prodded my belly which wasn't bad at all! After he did that they got me started with Cytotec which is another way (besides pitosin) to get your contractions started. So I was contracting all night...they weren't the painful ones yet, thank goodness! In the morning the doctor came and checked me and I was still a dang 1!! So he broke my water and they let me contract on my own for a few hours but they started to slow down so they started me on pitosin.. Very soon after that I got my epidural (thank goodness!) and was fairly pain free for most of the rest of labor. It took a while to dialate but by 5:10 ish I was ready to push. So the doctor in Paradise (with Ellie) numbed me down there before I started pushing so that I tore I wouldn't feel it so I was expecting that with this one ya know? I was starting to push and I asked the doctor if he was going to numb me down there and he said nah....it hurt so bad!!! I thought with Ellie's that the pushing was the easy part...not so with this one! I feel so bad for all you mommy's who had 8-10 pound babies! Mine was close to 7 but man, that was enough! After the baby came out the doctor had to stitch me up which took like seriously 30 minutes (if that tells you how many stiches I had! the doctor didn't tell me how many but I would guess more than 20). So overall the contraction part was much better with Hannah than Ellie but the pushing was definitely worse! I spent about the same amount of time in the hospital both times...but there were some different circumstances as to the length of both! I'm just glad that it's over and Hannah is home with us! Thanks to all of you for your support and prayers through my pregnancy! You're all awesome!

15 comments:

Mason & Laura said...

Leah!!! Hannah is absolutely beautiful!!! She looks a lot like Ellie to me :) I am sooo glad you are home from the hospital and now have your lil' miracle. (So she was born on the 2nd? I thought it was the 3rd ... I guess she and Audrey are BOTH Groundhog babies :)

Jill said...

Hooray! I've been checking everyday for an update. Hannah is beautiful! She has such a dark complexion and all that dark hair...wow! Does she look a lot like Ellie did? We're so happy for you guys. Congratulations! Keep posting lots of pictures of your new little one. Can't get enough baby pics!

Dana said...

Yay! This is the news I have been waiting for. Hannah is beautiful! Way to go, mommy! I can agree with you about the pushing, too. It is my least favorite part. Have fun healing. ;)

Melissa said...

I know about the last part with the pushing. Boy oh boy that was terrible for me. Being numb down there, what a concept. Maybe I will ask for that next time. If it makes you feel any better, I was being stitched up for about 1 hours and I had tons and tons of stitches. Anyway, I'm glad your all doing good and feeling good. Hope you are able to get some rest.

Anonymous said...

I really did want to hear about the labor... but now I'm not so sure it was a good idea. :) Scary!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! How very exciting! Isn't it nice to be able to bend over again??!! :) hahahaha. i hated the last few months of pregnancy. anyway, i'm so happy for you guys! hope you have a wonderful recovery!

Mary Jo said...

Congrats she is really cute! Now you know why I voluntereed for the c section after they were like "He could be 10 lbs." How is Ellie doing with Hannah?

Em said...

yay, congrats! so glad to hear you are all happy and healthy:-) ah yes, the stitching that a 9.4 baby brought to me...hello milk of magnesia!!! and phillips;-)

Kerri said...

she's so cute!! congrates!

DD said...

Congratulations! I haven't checked my blog in a few days and was so excited to see the news! You know, I think most newborn babies are kind of goofy looking but Hannah is so beautiful, she's a very cute and pretty newborn!!! I hope your recovery goes well.

Tiffany said...

She is beautiful Leah! Congratulations!;)

KrishasKrew said...

Congrats on the new baby girl! She is a doll! Have fun! And get some sleep!!

The Leonards said...

Congratulations, she is adroable!

Tammy said...

Yay! Congrats. I love hearing all the details! That stinks about the stitches...ugh.

Unknown said...

Sorry I am a little late on the congrats!!! CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you all! She is such a little punkin!! Glad you are all home and doing well!