Sunday, July 13, 2008

Temples, Dams, and Celebrities

So this post is going to have a million pictures ('cause I love pictures) of our adventures in Vegas this past week! Last Sunday after church we decided that we wanted to go see the temple grounds so we picked up our friends the Leonards and headed down the freeway for the long (20 or less minutes) drive to the Temple! It is so crazy to have a temple so close! It really is a gorgeous temple too!! Here are some pictures:


Yesterday we went to Hoover Dam because it is only 22 miles from us!! Isn't that crazy? Didn't even know that until we moved here (apparently my geography class didn't help much :). It was pretty cool. I had just watched Transformers the night before so ya know it was pretty cool to see it in real life!



Also...guess who just moved into our ward? Marie Osmond! Weird huh? She's our first Celebrity sighting in Vegas and she's in our Ward!! I don't have a picture of her or anything I just thought it was cool to share!

6 comments:

Papa Paradigm said...

Wow Marie Osmond, does she sing a lot in Sacrament Meeting?? Evan met her nephew (Donny's son). He's in the Physical Therapy program here at the U. Pretty crazy. I'm glad you guys are getting settled into LV. Hope your keeping cool.

The Leonards said...

What the heck! I just talked to you on the phone and you never mentioned about Marie Osmond! Did you actually see her? Will she be at pioneer days? You should have mentioned this to me when Chris told us to move to your ward becuase of the laywers! For Marie I just might consider it:) That is so fun you saw the dam! Was it heavy traffic? You guys might like to see Lake Las Vegas sometime too (we still have not gone but I plan on it) What else did you guy do this weekend I forgot to ask on the phone sorry!? Oh and I love all of your pictures!

Tiffany said...

Hi Leah, LV is fun isn't it - so many fun places to go - It's good to hear that you guys are doing well!

Mason & Laura said...

Hey Leah, I love your pictures! The temple is beautiful there, it reminds me a lot of the Portland, OR temple (which I love 'cause that's where we were married!!) I think they were built around the same time. You guys are so adventurous to already be getting out and seeing the sites! Ellie's outfits are so cute!!

Megs said...

YAY! We miss you guys and Ellie too! Youre baby thing that shows the picture of the fetus and how many days you have left of pregnacy is weird. At least it kinda looks like a baby though. Thats good. Call me when you know what its going to be!! Love you guys!

Megs said...

Oh, ps--I'm way excited about Marie, you'll be on a first name basis soon. yes. Do it. And also, how do I add a list of friend or something to my blog?