
So I waited until the night before to do the cake (classic Leah...big procrastinator!) and things got a little crazy...Here goes... So I had already picked out a recipe/pattern I liked for the castle cake and I had bought all the supplies and such so I printed the recipe for white cake and how to construct the cake off of the computer and got started. I made two square cakes first..I had two nonstick pans so I figured they didn't need to be greased right? WRONG!! These cakes were so dang stuck to the pans I had to just scrape them out and throw them away (actually I gave Chris some to eat first 'cause it was still good cake ya know?) So next I tried the circular pans which weren't nonstick so I greased them and then the recipe said to "lightly flour" so I did that... Well those stuck almost as bad as the square ones! By this time it was already 11ish (I had started at around 9:30) and needless to say I was getting a little frustrated but I didn't want this cake to defeat me!! I asked my wonderful husband Chris if he could go to the store for me and just get me some white cake mixes (mind you it's like 12 by this time) and he did. I still had some homemade white cake batter so I thought I'm just going to try one more time (I really like to win....I don't give up easily!) so I greased up one of the round pans with so much Crisco it kinda made my stomach churn ....but hey it didn't stick!! But I wasn't in the mood to make all the homemade cake batters again (plus I was out of Buttermilk) so I just did the white cake mixes. While the cakes were cooking I was so tired that I took a nap on the couch until the timer beeped. I was determined to get the cake done that night so I stayed up and finished the whole thing! I didn't go to sleep until 5:00am and Ellie just happened to wake up earlier than normal at 5:30 but I was a bad mommy and let her cry and fall back asleep! I was just too dang tired!! But after a long night I think the outcome was worth it. The cake wasn't perfect of course but I think it turned out pretty cute...and I got to take a 3 hour nap later that day so I was happy!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago




7 comments:
Wow...I didn't realize my post was so long!!! I must've needed to vent or something! Haha
WOW!! The cake turned out so beautiful.
Leah-your cake turned out so dang cute! It looked like you all had so much fun at her first birthday! All your hard work paid off! :)
Holy cow, Leah! that cake looks awesome. and I'm glad you told the whole story--I can't believe you stayed up all night! you crazy lady! happy birthday princess ellie! oh, and i like your new layout too :)
Super cute Leah! I made the same cake for Kristin Beck's birthday one year! I completely empathize with you!
i just found your blog, LOVE IT!!!! Your cake is awesome!
Okay, I laughed out loud. I am glad to hear that other people have some of the same cooking issues I have. Your final product definitely "takes the cake!" :)
Post a Comment