So, I don't really know where my camera is mainly because I haven't really looked for it but also because we just moved so ya know! Anyways, I thought I would give an update on our move and our new life in Chico. Last Tuesday night (man, it definitely feels longer than a week ago!) awesome Men from our ward in Henderson came to help us move all of our stuff from our upstairs apartments into our humongous 24' Budget truck. That night we slept on an air mattress that became flat every 2 hours, Ellie slept in a port-a-crib and Hannah slept on her diaper changing mattress thing (they actually slept really well, am I a bad mom? haha) We got up in the morning and cleaned and packed up our leftover junk (which always ends up being a ton of stuff!) and finished just as our apartment manager went to lunch! So we went to lunch too and when we finished we did the walkthrough and set out on our journey to Chico. We left Henderson around 2pm and didn't get to Chico until 3am....soooooo long! The girls slept really well from about 8:30 on but once we got to Chico Ellie was so excited that she couldn't go back to sleep for like a half hour....then they both woke up at 6am. Needless to say, I was super tired the next day! But we got unpacked and moved into our new apartments "Go Oak Meadows" which are the same ones I lived in when Chris and I met. Since then we have enjoyed giving the kids to Grammy and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa and seeing Gigi and Great Grandma and Grandpa Atkin. Ellie also got to go with Grammy and Papa to see Auntie Megs and "Uncle Yukey" and "Nanomi". Ellie is loving being with family and I am too!! Chris started back to work yesterday and is loving not having to drive 30 plus minutes to work each way! In fact we seriously live around the corner from his work...like maybe 3 minutes driving distance...so awesome! We miss our friends we made in Las Vegas but thank goodness for email and blogging so we can stay in touch!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
4 months ago

3 comments:
I'm glad you're home. Let's get together when you get all settled in.
Yeah! Welcome home!
once i get all moved into a place i can never find anything, even when it's all put away. all i can remember is where i had it in the last place;-)
Post a Comment